Friday, November 07, 2008

Mr. Bean? Nope... Its Mr. Bian


Yesterday, I was so fortunate that I had a chance to lunch with our beloved brother, Mr. Bian Yan Bo (無名的傳道者 - 邊雲波老師). During the whole conversation, I found out that he had more passion with God than I have expected. The grace of God flowing through every bit of his own experience and his teaching.

Throughout Wednesday TCEMF seminar and yesterday lunch, there is one thing he keep reminding me. Experience God cannot be fully fulfill unless we learn how to go through difficulties with God.

Yes, we will thank God when everything in life pass through with no hassle. However, its always during pain and trouble that we truly learn about God and will understand God more. As we always said, NO PAIN, NO GAIN. That's always true.

We are so luxury here in North America, that we do not really have much pressure in believing God. Well, actually we did. We have to fight through all the distractions from the world ( we actually should not use the term secular world, as the whole world suppose to be holy and spiritual under the control of God, right???).

Sleep 30 more minutes as we only drive 15 minutes to church. Have the devotion later at night, because CSI only end at 11 with my favorite CTV news follows till midnite. Reading the Bible become more electronic, so as my spiritual journal (they are now all typed during the distraction of email arrival warnings).

With all these comfort, are we willing to give up our luxury and back to original - God? Do I really want to sacrifice my luxury and to experience God throughout tough times? Its really a good question to myself.

Well, hopefully you have a better spiritual life than I do, and have a better relationship with God...!!

Enjoy your life...!


No comments: