Monday, June 29, 2009

Shame??? What is the reflection behind it???

This past weekend, when I saw the news of Pride Parade, my heart really fell off. Especially when I saw David Miller shout proudly,"I am really proud of our city, Toronto". I really don't know how proud will that be when SIN is being allow to march across the heart of your city.

When the high-profile-seeking politicians claiming this parade is a "celebration of diversity", do they really understand what is the word "diversity" means? Upcoming "Jesus in the City Parade" on September 19, will they carry the same smile, marching together and shouting the same wordings proudly? Thanks God that among the three main Canada political parties (PC, Lib, NDP), our PM Stephen Harper was not in the parade. This may be the only thing I feel glad about this year Pride Parade.

When NDP Leader Jack Layton saying that this is the way of showing human rights, then my question may be: Where is my right to insist my believe of same sex marriage and premarital sex is wrong? When my religious freedom, freedom of speech are part of my human right, then why will I be classified as "discrimiation" when I declare my objection to those SINs in the public?

I have to clarify, I don't hate those gays and lesbians. I do love them and accept them, making friends with them, eat and play with them, however I would also love to see them turning away from their sin at the same time.

When we talk about human rights, we are at all talking about our "rights as human". Then where is the right for the one who create human? This make me think about the Bible story of "Tower of Babel". We want ourselves to rule the world, but where will God be then? Where is God? or are we trying to prove HIS absence?

Hopefully, as Christians, we should step up and be united. Feel pride to parade for Jesus...!


No comments: