Thursday, February 28, 2008

God answering...

Is that God answering my prayer or its just coincidence?

I pray to God last night, and ask for support as I am feeling lonely and weak. One important thing in my prayer is I feel I am not doing well in listening to God and worry that I am getting wrong message from God and doing the wrong thing.

Immediately I received emails and fb messages of encouragement. Dear friends, thank you!

But, the most unbelievable thing happened this morning.

Before I get out of bed, I decided to have my desktop gadget scripture for my devotion. You know what, the scripture for today is from Luke 10:19

我已經給你們權柄可以踐踏蛇和蠍子,又勝過仇敵一切的能力,斷沒有什麼能害你們。
Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.


This verse speaks directly into my heart. Almost without any thinking process, no interpretation, and does not need to worry if this voice is from God or not. It must be from God and God alone.

God, sometimes you really making me hate you while loving you at the same time. The speed of you answer to my prayer is just like that quick. Not even one moment for me to have an excuse to wandering around. And... your answer is just that precise.

Who should I afraid of? Satan? What I am doing now is being ordered from my almighty God. And what I am sharing is from nobody but is the word of God. Why should I worry? Why should I worry if I can fight the battle? God if you already given me the opportunity to share your word, and you giving me to authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, why should I still fear towards the power of my enemy?

If I believe that God is my protection, why do I afraid that Satan will hurt me? Psalm 18 suddenly comes up to my mind:

Psa 18:1-3 耶和華,我的力量啊,我愛你!耶和華是我的巖石,我的山寨,我的救主,我的神,我的磐石,我所投靠的。他是我的盾牌,是拯救我的角,是我的高臺。我要求告當讚美的耶和華;這樣我必從仇敵手中被救出來。
Psa 18:1-3 He said: I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.


Dear Lord, Thankyou for your reconfirmation.

And you know what? I believe that its is not coincident. When I turn on facebook, todays daily verse just like ecohing my thoughts.

The first one is from Titus 1:7-9
監督既是神的管家,必須無可指責,不任性,不暴躁,不因酒滋事,不打人,不貪無義之財。樂意接待遠人,好善,莊重,公平,聖潔自持。堅守所教真實的道理,就能將純正的教訓勸化人,又能把爭辯的人駁倒了。
For an overseer, as God's steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.


Here God seems like is reminding me that the only thing I should worry is that if I have the discipline that I should have as a God's steward. As long as I am firm on His Word and to give instruction on them with the correct doctrine, I am doing my job assigned by God. That will be more important than to worry about the power of Satan.

And the last but not least, the second Bible verse from Facebook is from Matthew 16:13-16

When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?" They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets." "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
耶穌到了該撒利亞腓立比的境內,就問門徒說:「人說我(有古卷沒有我字),人子是誰?」他們說:「有人說是施洗的約翰;有人說是以利亞;又有人說是耶利米或是先知裡的一位。」耶穌說:「你們說我是誰?」西門彼得回答說:「你是基督,是永生神的兒子。」


This is like a challenge to me from God. "Kelvin, do you really believe in me? Who do you think I am?" Yes, God, I believe in you and I believe that you are the Christ, Son of the Living God. Sorry God, I should not have hesitation, and please forgive me for the lack of faith in you. Dear Lord, thank you for your word and encouragement.

Dear friends and partners, please keep praying for me in this spiritual battle.


No comments: