Monday, January 19, 2009

Goal 2009

Monday night, little wordings, trigger my emotions. Although nothing harmfully done, I know I hurt someone in someway. This deeply ensure myself that my IQ is ok normal, but my EQ is really not. Self-control, something I really have to learn.

God told me two weeks ago, and remind me again today.

During the sunday school two weeks ago, God gave me my theme scriptures for the year.

For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(2Pe 1:5-8)
正因這緣故,你們要分外的殷勤;有了信心,又要加上德行;有了德行,又要加上知識;有了知識,又要加上節制;有了節制,又要加上忍耐;有了忍耐,又要加上虔敬;有了虔敬,又要加上愛弟兄的心;有了愛弟兄的心,又要加上愛眾人的心;你們若充充足足的有這幾樣,就必使你們在認識我們的主耶穌基督上不至於閒懶不結果子了。
(彼得後書 1:5-8)

I do have faith, and I believe myself are trying my best for goodness. Knowledge, I trust myself will not be lower than a certain standard. However, when reaching self-control... sigh.

Not matter how much knowledge, if I do not have self-control, knowledge really means nothing. Not to mention the steadfastness and things coming after that.

KNOWLEDGE WITH SELF-CONTROL... MY GOAL FOR 2009.


No comments: