Friday, February 05, 2010

Panama Update (1)

Give thanks to God that brings me safely arrive to Panama.

My first lesson during this trip: "Bestbuy Express".

Yes, I am so outdated. I really cannot imagine that I cannot find a pop machine nor machine for chips or chocolate bar at the airport, but an auto-selling machine for ipods, headsets and camera.

I am thinking... will there be a day that we might have a "Devotion express", that we will have Bibles and devotional books available...

In Panama, my first day already a fulfilled one.

Not only that I had the opportunity to have dinner with some young adults here to update their recent lives, also I spent most of the day learning the latest development of the youth ministry here in Panama City. Things have changed a lot here for just one year.

Here are some prayer items.
(1) I will be speaking for a youth group in one of the Alliance churches here on the topic "How to understand the will of God". Not only pray for the youth here, but also pray for me as I don't think I am experience enough to "give a workshop" but simply "share my experience and mistakes".
(2) There are already a record-breaking 130+ teens register for the youth camp, and more to come. Please pray for the teens so that they can understand more about God.
(3) Two members from Calgary already in Panama but two more will arrive Friday afternoon while two from Toronto will arrive late night. Please pray for a safe trip.
(4) Pre-Camp training will take place Saturday afternoon.


No comments: